Any foods suggestions for edema?
Besides medical treatments and home remedies for edema, you can also reduce the swellings through some dietary changes. Here come my foods suggestions for edema.
Foods to eat:
- Diuretic foods: Examples are antichokes, parsley, grapes, green tea, cranberry juice, asparagus, oats, cabbages, dandelion tea, etc.
- Potassium-rich foods: The potassium contents in foods can help reduce swellings effectively. Examples are raisins, yogurt, sweet potatoes, apricots, spinach, tomatoes, bananas, etc.
- Omega-3 fatty acids-rich foods: The omega-3 fatty acids in foods can not only fight swellings, but also lower cholesterol and reduce inflammations. Examples are avocados, salmon, nuts, etc.
Other fatty acids-rich foods: Examples are walnuts, almonds, coconut oil, etc.
- Foods treated as antioxidants: They may thin the blood, boost circulation and support venous insufficiency. Examples are grape seed extract, bilberry, etc.
Foods to avoid:
- High-sodium foods: Examples are canned beans, dairy products, beer, carbonated beverages, etc.
- Caffeine and alcohol
- Fatty and fried foods
- Artificial ingredients: Examples are processed meat such as sausage, bacon, convenience foods and restaurant foods and so on.
Keywords: best foods edema; diuretic foods edema