Any diets for non-diabetic hypoglycemia?
Hypoglycemia is a condition in which the blood sugar level drops down drastically. Usually, this condition is seen in people who do not have diabetes.
In case of the aggravation of hypoglycemia, of course there are medicines and hormone injections you may need to take, but the underlying rule to treat this condition is to change a few dietary habits and exercise regularly. A good diet should ensure complete nutrition and its prompt intake.
Diet for Non-Diabetic Hypoglycemia: Dos and Don’ts
- Complex Carbohydrates: Your diet should consist of complex carbohydrates in a good quantity. These foods include potatoes, brown rice, pasta, breads and so on.
- High Fiber: High fiber foods like leafy vegetables, fruits with their skin and whole grains are foods with low GI, hence they are helpful in regulating the blood sugar levels.
- Protein Rich: Proteins are digested slowly and help in slowing down the blood sugar response. Protein rich foods like beans, peas, lentils, whole grains, leafy vegetables, meat, fish, chicken and nuts, should form a part of your daily diet.
- Avoid Alcohol and Caffeine: If you suffer from hypoglycemia, foods or drinks that contain caffeine can make you feel worse.
- Small Meals: Small meals will boost your digestion and ensure that the insulin secretions are even and do not vacillate.
- Avoid Sweet Foods: Avoid the consumption of sweet foods like candies, cakes, cookies, jam, honey, desserts, chocolates and so on. These foods are simple sugars and definitely not healthy in managing hypoglycemia.
Ask more from dietitians and doctors if necessary, they’re in a better place for explanations.
Keywords: diet hypoglycemia without diabetes; diet non diabetic hypoglycemia; non diabetic hypoglycemia diet.