Amphotericin B is an antifungal medication that fights infections caused by fungus.
Amphotericin B is used to treat serious, life-threatening fungal infections. It is not for use in treating a minor fungal infection such as a yeast infection of the mouth, esophagus, or vagina.
Along with its needed effects, amphotericin b may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking amphotericin b:
More Common (with intravenous injection)
- Fever and chills
- increased or decreased urination
- irregular heartbeat
- muscle cramps or pain
- pain at the place of injection
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Less Common or Rare
1 with intravenous injection
- Blurred or double vision
- convulsions (seizures)
- numbness, tingling, pain, or weakness in hands or feet
- shortness of breath, troubled breathing, wheezing, or tightness in chest
- skin rash or itching
- sore throat and fever
- unusual bleeding or bruising
2 with spinal injection
- Blurred vision or any change in vision
- difficult urination
- numbness, tingling, pain, or weakness
Keywords: Amphotericin B.