Since entering 2018 this season’s flu didn’t slow down at all, from Jan to Feb there’re reported deaths across the United States. Here are some of the flu patients who were reported death during late Jan to early Feb. While feeling sad and praying for them, we hope to provide the information about their diseases and treatments to arouse more people’s attention about the flu.
|Dulce Estrella||0||flu||mom in flu, can only save one|
|Eli Snook||5||male||flu test negative||brain infection|
|Lily Kershaw||5||female||flu||flu related complications|
|Savanna Jessie||7||female||Influenza B||strep throat and scarlet fever|
|Kevin Baynes Jr.||7||male||flu||strep throat|
|Nico Mallozzi||10||male||influenza B||pneumonia|
|Aaron Masterson||12||male||Influenza B||genetic disease|
|Dylan Winnik||12||male||flu||didn’t visit a doctor|
|Alyssa Alcaraz||12||female||flu||Strep infection|
|Kira Molina||15||female||influenza A||initial test shows negative, it might be false|
|Katharine Gallagher||27||female||flu||severe acute bronchial pneumonia|
|Tandy Harmon||36||female||flu||pneumonia and Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infection|
|Karlie Illg Slaven||37||female||flu||pneumonia|
|Heather Holland||38||female||influenza B||delayed medication|
|Katie Oxley Thomas||40||female||flu||pneumonia|
|Katherine Acto||47||female||flu||healthy person, train regularly|
|Jenny Ching||51||female||flu||severe pneumonia|
Other than the aged group 65 and over, children and female adults should pay more attention when flu symptoms come out. Learning from the above cases, there’re a few suggestions from Health FAQ staff to everyone.
- Visit a doctor as soon as you notice the symptom, get both the flu test and regular blood test, take medication as soon as you can. Several death cases show delayed medical exam and delayed medication, which raises the risk of complications including pneumonia. Several cases show virus combining bacteria infection, so a regular blood test to test bacteria infection is a must.
- If the initial test shows flu negative, you should pay attention to the symptoms and following development, when you notice labored breathing, please go to the ER or call 911 asap.
- For busy moms, when you start to feel sick, take it seriously. Flu kill busy moms too.
- Some patients experienced fast development of complications since they first had symptoms, some developed severe pneumonia in 48 hours. When the patients rest at home, check their symptoms every single hour rather than by day. If the symptoms go worse in one or two hours, call 911 immediately.
- If you’re taking care of family members who’re in flu, remember to washing your hands frequently, and don’t touch your nose or eyes with your hands.